Do you talk to everyone where you work?

I do I am right at the front door so I see everyone who comes in and out and I talk to ALL of them. Even the construction workers and window washers.
Do any of you do this?

violaswamp

Asked by violaswamp at 2:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes I do, everyone, the secretaries in the other organizations, the staff people, the custodians, everyone. The only one I can't talk to, and I've tried, is one of the custodians. She just won't have anything to do with me, and she does whatever she can to obstruct my doing my job (I mean, cleaning the ladies room when there are 50 ladies just ending a class and 50 more just beginning a class- and this has been going on for years so it isn't coming as a surprise to her- come ON! ) And not setting up the chairs properly- so my students just move them the right way. I've tried all I can, and now I don't even try because it made me feel uncomfortable to be rebuffed continually.

Answer by Bmat at 2:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Well, technically, yes as Im a homemaker. So I do talk to everyone LOL.

When I worked outside the home I did as well. Im a gabber by nature.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 2:19 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I talk to everybody I work WITH but not everybody that comes into the office. It's kinda of "confidential" (thats a little exaggerated, I don't know what a better word would be!) so not everyone is allowed past the front lobby unless they have business there.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• When I used to work I did too. I'm a friendly person. Like to smile and talk.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2009