How do I go about disciplining my 3 year old?

I am in need some some advise. I have a almost 4 year old boy who is very difficult and set in his own way. He is my youngest, I never went through any of this with my oldest.
My son has tantrums, doesn't talk very nice at times, and insists on getting his own way. I feel like I am walked all over by home, I know I am a bit of a push over, but now I am feeling like i have lost control with him.
He is very good (acts like a perfect angel in fact) at school and for the babysitter and he's ever good for my husband - but as soon as I come into sight he turns into this whole other person...what am I doing wrong? What can I do to get control of the situation again? Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Try 1, 2, 3 magic. Just read the book- you can find it at the library or 1/2 price book stores. It is common sense things. You can learn some things are doing that could be escalating the behavior.
    luckyshamrock

Answer by luckyshamrock at 5:29 PM on Apr. 2, 2009