My one yr old son has bronchialits,and has been

on albuterol treatments to break up his phlem.Has anyone gone thru this before????Im soo soooo heartbroken right now.Any advice will help me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Dont be heartbroken! I know more babies that have used the nebulizer (with Albuteral) than have not! My son is currently on breathing treatments as well. It will help him get over his sickness and sound much better! I promise!

As for advice, we can't use the mask. He will pull it off every time. Just put the container up by your child's mouth and that will work just as well.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 2:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Albuterol does not break up the phlegm. It opens the airways so he can cough the crap out of his lungs.

My youngest two are on albuterol for their asthma. Asthma is something that won't go away. Bronciolitis will go away.

He has a nasty, bad chest cold. I agree. Don't be "heartbroken". There's no reason to be.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My dd had bronchiolitis at 12 weeks and was on abluteral then. She's been on it many times since then, too! I know it sucks to watch your kids be sick, but it's nothing you did and he will get over it! It will sound so much worse after a treatment b/c it opens the lungs and allows your son to cough up the phlegm (as pp said). But that's actually a very good thing! Hang in there, he'll start to feeling better soon.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 4:04 PM on Apr. 2, 2009