Has anyone had a pregnancy with Fetal Pyelectasis?

I'm pregnant with our first son. He has been diagnosed in utero with fetal pyelectasis, which is a dilation of his kidneys. I've researched it online. Most occurrences resolve during in utero or within the first few months of life after birth. This is the first time I've dealt with this and even heard of it. I just want to know if anyone else has dealt with it first hand. If so, when did your child's resolve? Any treatments involved? Any problems with kidney function after birth? I'm a nurse, so I'm not freaking out over this, but I just want to be more informed. We will be meeting with a neonatal urologist pretty soon, so we'll learn more about it and what to expect.

JamiDesigns

Asked by JamiDesigns at 2:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know anything about this, but I wanted to wish you good luck  and say congratulations on your to be bundle of joy.

MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 2:58 PM on Apr. 2, 2009