Kidney infection

I have a kidney infection and I was wondering how I most likely got it, how I can feel better, and how I can prevent it from reoccuring.

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Health

• This is one possibility:

A kidney infection can be caused by an untreated or undiagnosed Urinary Tract Infection. The Kidneys are a part of the urinary tract, and as the UTI goes untreated the bacteria travel further up the tract, and in your case would have landed at your kidneys.

I am going to do another response that is pasted from WebMD.com

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/urinary-tract-infections?page=2

You can paste that link if you want more information.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:06 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• * The culprit in at least 90% of uncomplicated infections is Escherichia coli, better know as E coli. These bacteria normally live in the bowel (colon) and around the anus.

* These bacteria can move from the area around the anus to the opening of the urethra. The two most common causes of this are poor hygiene and sexual intercourse.

* Usually, the act of emptying the bladder (urinating) flushes the bacteria out of the urethra. If there are too many bacteria, this won't stop them.

* The bacteria can travel up the urethra to the bladder, where they can grow and cause an infection.

* The infection can spread further as the bacteria move up from the bladder via the ureters.

* If they reach the kidney, they can cause a kidney infection (pyelonephritis), which can become a very serious condition if not treated promptly.
    CarolynBarnett

• Get an antibiotic from the doc. Drink lots of water to clean out your kidneys. Sometimes being sick with viral infections or any infection can bring this on too.
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 4:04 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• u could've wiped wrong its why u need to wipe from front to back. or it could've been sex, u need to pee after every session, so u can clean it out, if ur pregnant its easier to get it. u'll probably get iv antibiotics for quick relief, drink lots of water and cranberry juice, also warm-hot bath help sooth the back pain even hot water bottles. and take the antibiotics the drs give u
    CubanFIre

Answer by CubanFIre at 7:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2009