Pain in my legs,,,, What is it???

So I asked this a wk or so ago, and didn't get many answers, except for it could be me being dehydrated. I am having pain in my thighs as if I'm doing scrunches or something, I am not. But I just have this pain. Is it the extra weight from the baby, or could it be the way she is positioned? I went to the dr. on tuesday they did blood work, everything is ok. I am swelling now also, but not sure if thats related. It hurts more if I'm on my feet more than I should be. Anybody got any ideas? I'm 30 wks today.

Tiffany237

Asked by Tiffany237 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i am not a hundred percent but my books and my doctor say that leg cramps are normal...could be dehydration...or just the extra baby weight...try looking it up
    JennicaMaesMom

Answer by JennicaMaesMom at 3:09 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Look into siactic nerve pain brought on by the baby weight.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:10 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• It could be a many of things. I had sever sharp pains that went from the back of my hip down my leg. they would hurt so bad i felt like i couldn't move my leg. People tell me its siactic nerve pain because things get pushed on and pressure of the weight on the spine. I am now 24 weeks pregnant with my second child and having the same problem again. So i asked the doctor about it and he said to apply heat to the area with the pain.... but not to over heat my self. I am not sure what kind of pain you are having but it could be siactic nerve pain and it could be restless leg syndrome. Since your body is working over time to pump the extra blood volume your circluation in your legs could have slowed down some which is common. try walking a little during the day if you sit for long periods of time. If you stand up for long periods of time. ... take time to take the weight of your feet. I hope i have helpped.
    Ashley.herzing

Answer by Ashley.herzing at 4:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I have pains in my legs a lot recently as well.. and I am 29 weeks. I was told that it could be a number of things..
    1. Your body is not used to the added weight, so that could be making your legs hurt
    2. You are standing too much during the day
    3. You are dehydrated, or need more potassium.

A couple of things I did to try and help was to take a warm bath at night, even if it was just for like 10 mins. I also made sure I ate at least one banana a day, and drank more water than I usually do. When I am at work I have to stand for a couple hours, so my grandma bought me these nylon things that only come to right above your knee.. they are supposed to keep your legs tight to help so your legs dont hurt as bad, as well as help to hopefully prevent vericose veins. This stuff works for me, but of course it doesnt completely go away. Good Luck!
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 5:40 PM on Apr. 2, 2009