charting temps

my period started on the 29th on march. havent charted and want to start tomorrow morning. I have a BBT thermometer. and a chart but i have small children that wake up periodically and at different time every morning...how can i chart at the same time every morning? Do I need to chart my cervical position? How do I do that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I gave up on charting and used an online fertility calender. If you still want to chart, set your alarm because it needs to be the same time everyday.
    Anonymous

• You CAN chart your cervical position. Can't hurt.

When I was still charting, I made it a point to be awake first. **smile**

Answer by gdiamante at 5:24 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I chart- take temp same time everyday- 15 min off doesn't usually matter. Half hour does make a difference. Should also chart cervical mucous but not until after 11 or 12 because that's when it changes over for the day. I use CyclePro program form Couple to Couple League. Really takes guess work out but you also have to know background behind the charting and what the codes mean and which phase is what so you know when it's more beneficial to have sex every other day.
    Sarahmarie80

Answer by Sarahmarie80 at 7:48 PM on Apr. 2, 2009