Anyone else married to a man/child?

My husband is such a good man, but he's so childish.. We get taxes back, and he wants to go straight to a casino.. Knowing, we are in a good bit of debt. He wants a car thats nice like mine, but would rather drive a piece of crap that he can't drive more than 10 miles, and be able to spend extra money on video games! We're looking at getting a new place and are getting all new furniture.. He'd rather move in with my mom who has an extra room to have no bills.. Anyone else married to a manchild like that? Or did I just marry someone who has no ambitions in life at all.. Also, he's 32.. !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• I dont know..but if you have alot of debt why are you buying all new furniture? Thats so not cheap!!
    Anonymous

• Because we need all new furniture.. We had a fire and all of the bedroom furniture caught on fire in both rooms, and part of my living room....
    Anonymous

• Either way yes! I am trying to clean up our credit and my dh keeps on telling me that as soon as we get a big check (tax money, stimulus check, NICE paycheck) that he is buying something stupid, so I have been nickel and dimeing our debt down by myself because eventually I would like a house for my boys to live in and more room! OH yeah and he thinks that he is getting a bike when we buy a house because I have ALWAYS told him Boys before your TOYS! I completely understand what you are saying, and it's all annoying! It's like he doesn't know how much stuff costs, he just wants to spend money! UGHHHHHh!!!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 5:22 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My ex husband was like that, if I hadn't already had my own house he told me that we would have just moved in with his mom. In fact he wanted me to spend as much time with her as possible because she knew how he liked his food cooked, his clothes washed, and what games he liked...he figured that she could train me and I could take over....I like him much better as an ex.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 5:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• make him read the book by dave ramsey... let him learn about finances. I would also suggest to get separate bank accounts so your credit and such doesnt get screwed by his bad choices, and so that you have somewhere to save up money for bills and necessities when he blows his. File your taxes separately so he cant spend your return.
    Ginanne

Answer by Ginanne at 8:37 PM on Apr. 2, 2009