bad cramping and still bleeding at 5 weeks postpartum?

I don't know why I would still be bleeding. I am breastfeeding. It had slowed for about a day but is heavy again and bright red and i'm cramping bad. I don't go to the doc until the 15th. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 6 weeks is the ballpark for postpartum bleeding, some longer some shorter. Maybe you're overdoing it. Relax and head to the Dr. when you get a chance.
    Anonymous

• I would call the doctor and try to get an earlier appointment.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:32 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Oh yeah thats right! I was bleeding heavier when I started doing too much. My fam made me sit down and just take care of the baby instead of the house and everyone else. That could be your problem too.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• hum pretend your on bedrest lay down for three days cuz you must be doing to much and try to get earlier appt I was done bleeding at four days and it was light
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 4:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I bled alot with my last son. It was because I was doing too much because with my other children I only bled for like 4 weeks tops. With so many kids though and so much to do I really did not have a choice so it continued for maybe 6 weeks even though I was breast feeding my youngest too.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 4:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I bled for 3 months..
    Anonymous

• i wouldnt call the doctor... i occasionally have cramping when im nursing still and i just stopped bleeding and she is 6 weeks. you can bleed alot longer sometimes shorter... i wouldnt call the dr, theyll just tell you its normal to bleed after having a baby even if it is 5 weeks after.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 2, 2009