When should i get my baby off the crib to a bed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When he can climb out of it and fall. That is when its unsafe.
    Anonymous

• well right before my son turned 2 he started getting out of the crib i would let them stay in the crib until he or she might be able to get out that is what we did. Good Luck!!!
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My first son was 14 months my second son was 11 months. They were big and moved alot when they slept. I put them on a twin mattress on the ground. However I ended up sleeping in there with them. They are no longer contained, harder at nap time. They dont seem to run for it at night when its dark. I felt it better to sleep in their rooms instead of them sleeping in our bed. When it comes down to it as long as everyone is sleeping thru the night (especially mom) everyones happy so where ever and however it works , it works!!!
    mammasamba

Answer by mammasamba at 3:47 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• When you want him in a bed.

We switched ours at 15 months.

It's up to each parent, though.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:49 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• As soon as they start crawling out and danger is at hand I would. Then all you have to do is start the stay in your bed policy. Good luck.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 3:56 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• When you are BOTH ready.
    When he tries to climb out, he is at risk of falling and getting hurt.
    But remember that once he moves to a bed, nothing will keep him from getting up and exploring anytime he finds himself awake and bored. Even at 2am when you are sound asleep and can't protect him.

Both have risks. Leaving him in his crib means he might fall. Moving him means he might get into a whole lot more trouble. You have to decide when he is ready for the increased freedom of a bed and when you are ready for the fight to keep him in the bed.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Only when ready. Remember, once in a big boy/girl bed, your child will be able to get up in the middle of the night and morning. And may not stay in bed. Make sure you are both ready for this.
    Anonymous

• We have a 22 month old who loves her crib, and a 7 month old we thought would be in it by now... we've just kept the little one in the pack n' play because we don't want to mess with the toddler's sleep unnecessarily (she hasn't climbed out and is all over the place when she sleeps, and is so comfortable in there). IMO it's not worth doing it until there's a real reason...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 4:10 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I just moved my two year old to a toddler bed this past weekend. She wasn't crawling out but with her being potty trained, it was time. She doing great so far. *knocks on wood*
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 5:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2009