any one else on the 1800 Calorie diet??

I am 6 months pregnant and the doctor put me on an 1800 calorie diet because he said i was ahead in my weight gain. From what i understand..... this is where you count your calories and do not take in more than 1800 a day. counting the calories will ultimately reduce your sugar and carb in take because they contain more calories. I am now drinking water for all meals but will have one of my kids juice boxes containing 60 calories along with a small snack. I have divided my meals into 3 meals a day and 3 snacks. Each meal I limit myself to 500 cal and snacks 100 this totaling up to 1800. I am finding that I am doing a less than 1800 cal but am full. So is it okay to eat like a smart ones pasta for lunch with 360 cal. and a water since it is in my cal limit for lunch?? I just want to make sure that i get this right. any advice would be great.

Ashley.herzing

Asked by Ashley.herzing at 3:35 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Stop asking...read your last answers.. Smart ones are high in sodium like the previous answer. And you should eat fresh healthy foods and whole grains and dairy.
    Anonymous

• If you just keep your other question up, people will respond over the course of the day. Also you can try googling it, or searching CM for other moms who have asked.
    Anonymous

• to whoever posted to two answers on here if you already answered it once then why are you going to even put anything on this one. I wanted this to go under pregnancy and i wasn't thinking when i entered it in the first time. I could not edit because it was locked so i posted it again. I don't really see where that is such a big deal. I am trying to get information from those who are pregnant that the doctors have put on diets
    Ashley.herzing

Answer by Ashley.herzing at 3:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2009