Family Tree Stuff

I do that we're related app that is on Facebook and I have an uncle who re-married so the woman he is married to now is not my original aunt..what do I call her? Step-aunt? Or just aunt?

SparklingHope

Asked by SparklingHope at 3:40 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• call her anything you want. I have that problem overthere too. I guess the way families have changed so much we need to make up new names!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:01 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I have many aunts and uncles that have remarried. Their spouses are still "aunt" or "uncle". Heck I have one uncle, Walt, that I have always called my uncle (I've known him since I was like 10) and only realized as a teen that my aunt wasn't actually married to him. They've been together for 20+ years and I still call him Uncle Walt.
    And I have one aunt on my dad's side, Aunt Helen. Problem is my dad only had 1 brother and no sisters. She is the ex-wife of my dad's brother. They were divorced when I was a little kid (and my uncle died in 96) but I still call her Aunt Helen and she has always been much more apart of the family then my uncle ever was.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:07 AM on Apr. 3, 2009