my babys still doesnt say daddy yet!!!shes 1year old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't think this is a big deal. My little one loved saying "dada" and called both of us "dada" and saved "mama" for later. Tell her dad that if it makes him feel better.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 4:11 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• my girlfriends son is just over a year and doesn't say mama for her yet - he calls her bob for some reason . we laugh about it - my son didn't say mama til after he was 1 either
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Mine called me Dada for the longest time!

You don't say how old she is ('1 year' doesn't count... there's a huge difference between 12 months and 23 months but both are "1 year')... so here are some general guidelines:
    By 10 months most (but not all) babies are using Mama and Dada correctly (mine wasn't). By 14 months, most babies have 2 additional words that they use. By 18 months, most have 10 to 20 words.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:04 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Don't worry my son called my husband and I both DADA until he was almost 18months....he knew quite a few other words before he learned MAMA and then once he learned it half the time I would be MAMA and half the time I would be DADA lol he is 22 months now and he has had like this amazing spike in his vocabulary and I am definately MAMA....she will get it eventually. One day the kind of just wake up saying all these words and you are like what did you do with my silent child? haha GL
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 12:24 PM on Apr. 3, 2009