Does anyone know how to cope with having General Anxiety Disorder so that it doesn't effect the people around them?

ProudMom_5703

Asked by ProudMom_5703 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (-7 Credits)
  • If you haven't already, check with your doctor. There are medications that can help smooth out your anxiety, but you have to be very careful when taking them or stopping them. It can also be caused by other medical conditions. I went through a period of anxiety and panic attacks when I was having thyroid problems. Treating my thyroid problem made the panic and anxiety go away. Good luck.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:23 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Thanks. I forgot to add that medication is not an option and I was wondering if there is any other ways to deal with it.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 4:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Well, you can try biofeedback, breathing techniques or hypnosis but I'd try telling yourself every minute you begin to get anxiety that "It's okay, I can deal with this. It's every day stuff, nothing to worry about." Then don't look to see who's watching you, just proceed with whatever you're doing. Take deep, long, breaths and take time to exhale.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:53 PM on Apr. 2, 2009