Is it weird to think that Showdowns are weird? LOL

I am new to Cafemom and just saw those picture showdowns. What does the woman that posts a picture of her baby think when she receives 5% of the votes for "Cutest Smile"? What does the woman that posts a picture of her husband think when she receives 10% of the votes for "Sexiest Husband"? There's something very "Marathon Man" about the whole thing, don't you think? What is the purpose behind Showdowns?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• just simple fun... I hope no one gets their feelings hurt over it! Its very random so most of the time even the contestants can see who is going to win... I mean the really cute 10 yr old making a silly face or the baby who has the "who farted look" ....... BABY WINS!

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:23 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Do the moms enter the pictures, or does Cafemom take pictures from profiles to create the Showdowns?
    Anonymous

• I agree with you. It's like some of us have this need for approval or something. Moms enter their own pictures. What I find funny are the "self-portraits" of babies or studio pics!
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 11:53 AM on Apr. 3, 2009