Cheating!!!!

Ok, my mom and dad are not divorced... been separated about 3 months now... she added me on facebook, and I just looked at her "info" page.

Her email address says, "gizmosgf@==="

So she's been with this guy since before thxgvg, and won't tell anyone who it is! I'm super upset, it's played a huge role in my relationship with my mom, or lack thereof... I'm about to have my baby and she's had NOTHING to do with me... I'm curious to find out who this guy is... Any suggestions? I just can't handle it any more. My dad doesn't care enough to file for divorce, and my mom's not divorcing him yet because she's trying to talk him into giving her more money...

Why can't she divorce him already? I'm not concerned with the fact that she and my dad are divorcing. I'm concerned with the fact that this new boyfriend has taken precedence over her first grandchild... What can I do?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 4:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd bet the farm that her boyfriend is married.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 6:56 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Your point is? So, your mom is possibly getting new strange. Does that bother you more than your mom and dad bumping uglies? Her life, her choices.
    Anonymous

• Maybe she will change when the baby is actually born. To some people, it doesn't become real until there is birth. Have you tried to calmy sit down and talk to her about how it makes you feel that she is putting you and the baby last? If you have told her how you feel and she still doesn't see a problem with it, maybe it's for the best. You probably don't want to push a poor role model on your family. I am sure it's hurtful. But as far as the cheating/divorce goes, I would stay out of it. They are adults and it's their relationship. Even though you are family and their child, you are also an adult and should stay out of it. He obviously doesn't have a problem with what's going on and she doesn't either. So leave it alone.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 4:42 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Oh, she knows how i feel about it, but all she can come up with is, "you'll know when the time is right."

well, eff that, i'm ready to just tell her not even to show up at the hospital next week because i'm tired of her putting us last and then expecting to reap the benefits. screw that, man.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:45 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Your mother is a grown woman. she raised you and now it's her turn to have fun. allow her to have the fun she wants...not to sound cruel or anything like that but your baby is just that YOUR baby...your mother didn't enjoy getting your pregnant, therefore she can do what she wants to do...as far as your mom and dad's business is concerned, once again, those are grown adults capable of handling their own business, allow them to handle their business...would you like it if your mom and dad was up in your business about the father of your child? or better yet, telling you how to be a good mother? Allow your mother to opportunity to have fun while she can...
    treasured_hope

Answer by treasured_hope at 5:41 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• did you just ask this exact question already?? if not, then there is someone with your EXACT situation. LOL. If your mom isn't in your life, she doesnt deserve to be in your babies life, tell her that flat out and walk away. Let her face her consequences of bad parenting and you focus on your sweet little baby!
    Ginanne

Answer by Ginanne at 8:32 PM on Apr. 2, 2009