How do I scan a document to my computer?

I have an HP Photosmart All-in-One C4180. When I go to the scan menu the only options I have are 1)Scan & Reprint or 2)Scan to Memory Card. I do not have a memory card. I know for a fact that I can scan things to my computer b/c I used this same printer to scan my ultrasounds. I just can't remember how I did it. I tried the HP Site, but it didn't address my 2 scan options problem.

paige8608

Asked by paige8608 at 4:31 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have a printer/scanner like that and I HATE that there is no option to just scan from the printer. To just scan to the computer you have to go through the program on the computer.
    Mine is called HP Solution Center. When you load that a screen comes up with some options, one is to "scan picture" which then scans and gives you options for saving to the computer.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I just lay it on the glass and hit scan.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• **oops, forgot--whenever I do scan, after it's done it brings it up on my screen so I don't have to find it. Can you do that with your printer?
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• MMMM SORRY I CAN'T HELP BUT I DO YOU HAVE THE SAME THING YOU HAVE BUT NEVER DID IT..MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    Anonymous

• I put it on there & pushed 'Start Scan' but the only option it's giving me is how many copies I want to print or to edit the photo...which I don't need either of those. And it's not coming up on my computer screen. This thing is so stupid! I remember when I scanned my ultrasounds, they came right up. I have no idea what's wrong. And the online support from HP is so useless!
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 4:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I don't have the HP Solution Center. That's what is messing me up. Before I had an XP when I first bought the printer. Now I have a Vista. The disc that came w/ the printer isn't compatible w/ Vista. I think I got some of the software or whatever from the HP site...and when I hooked up the printer to my Vista, it just started working automatically I think. But when I scanned my ultrasounds, everything worked find...and I had my Vista at that time. I know at some point I removed some HP crap off my Vista...so maybe I lost the Solution Center when I did that. I don't even remember what all I did. Crap! Oh, well. I'll figure something out.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 2, 2009