Do feminists take the garbage out or is that still a man's domain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOLLOLOLOLOL!!! Great question.
    Anonymous

• very funny!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My husband takes it out, but I can do it if I want to. It's just that it is such a yucky job that if he is willing to do it, I say go for it. :)

Answer by Bmat at 4:48 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I take the trash out. But rodents and dead critters are my hubby's domain.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Hmm, I coerce my man into doing it using my feminine wiles. Does that wreck my feminist image?
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Idk, but I take the trash out, and the recycling, and I fix the toilet, fix all the electronic/computer problems, do the yard work, clean the garage (including the mouse traps), and just about everything else. He really has no patience for anything and is never home so I just do it to get it all done.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 5:01 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• What does a feminist do if she is single and lives by herself? Does she take out the trash and mow the lawn, or does she hire someone to do all the 'manly' chores for her? LOL!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:04 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I'm a SAHM, housewife, devoted spouse, and a feminist. A feminist and her SO (who is probably a feminist too, meaning he believes in the equality of all people regardless of sex) would probably figure out who wants to do what, and what makes the most sense for THAT family, without worrying what traditional roles are. Dh and I are very much a team; I gather and pretreat the laundry, he washes and folds it, and I put it away. I make the grocery list and plan the menu, and find coupons or whatever, and he does the shopping, and then I put the groceries away. I gather the trash, he takes it out. If one of us is actually better at something, that one usually does it. If it is more convenient for one to do it than the other, that person does it. I am simply home a lot more than he is, so it is more sensible for me to do more housework. It's my free choice, and we do what works for both of us. That's feminism.

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 6:03 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• ugh i take the garbage out but not cause i want to but because my husband wont do it, he said that's part of being a sahm job XD
    CubanFIre

Answer by CubanFIre at 6:35 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I take the trash out, I mow the yard, I weed eat, all of it....
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 6:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2009