Rear facing car seat recommendation

Can anyone recommend a good car seat in which a child over 20 pounds can be rear facing? My baby girl is only 4 months but already outgrowing her infant seat because she is 19 pounds. I'm hoping to spend about $100.

Thanks!

hollierobin

Asked by hollierobin at 4:41 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There are plenty of decent convertible car seats for under $100.
    Anonymous

• I like the one we got from walmart, it's a convertable car seat. My daughter grew so fast. :) It was also in our budget. We added neck/head support for when she was younger. We got it when she was around 5 months old.

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:46 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I really like the Britax Marathon. They are over $100 but they make ones that you can use up to 65 pounds in the 5pt harness. I think $280 is worth it when you figure that your child can use it (first RF then FF) for the next 5-6 years!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I have a costco alpha omega. I got it at babies are us website for $99. I don't think that model is there anymore, but costco does have other good option. I have a rear facing/ff in my mom's car. it's the cosco sceana for about $50. So far so good.
    Anonymous

• Big Lots has some very good convertible seats for well under $100. We also used the Alpha Omega 3-in-1. The boys were always very comfortable in it.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:23 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• You can get a Scenera for under $50, it RF to 35, but only FF to 40. I recommend the True Fit, which runs $189, but RF to 35 and FF to 65.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Check out the Evenflo Triumph Advance... it's just a bit over $100 (check online at albeebaby.com) I think I paid $115 for each of our seats. It's a really good seat... nice and comfy.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I got the Graco Comfort Sport for $99 at Babies R Us. I will buy a Natulis for my DD when she outgrows that one. I really wanted the True Fit (made by First years) but they didn't have it =(
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:16 AM on Apr. 3, 2009