I just started a business and I wanted to know how to get customers

It's a photo montage/slideshow service. It's for special occasions or they make perfect gifts too.

Jessimilla

Asked by Jessimilla at 4:49 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• You can put up fliers around your neighborhood and businesses. You can also create a webpage. Your local radio station can help out as well.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 4:55 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• You should also advertise at local high schools and middle schools. Often times clubs and extra curricular groups will do banquets and events where they'll do these types of things. If you can get in with the PTA or the Booster Clubs, you might get some business there.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I do this for my business too. Find a bridal place, tell them you will refer them if they refer you! Salons are good for this too. Baby stores, children's stores, offer to refer them and you will refer you! I have a good result with this.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• A good business starts with a business plan. How can you start a business with no knowledge about finding customers and expect it to be successful...at all?
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Or is it that you have started a hobby and would like to turn it into a business because you believe you're awesome at what you do?
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:18 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:58 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• One of my friends started a myspace for her photography business and she request friends in our area. She also puts up samples on her pics page. She has actually grew her business alot in the past year. I actually messaged her thorugh myspace to schedule appts. and stuff.

http://www.iluvwhatido.com  

cstewart0402

Answer by cstewart0402 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Most people start with their friends and family members, but you cannot rely on those people, as they usually want a discount from you all the time, and that does not make you any money...

You need to step out of your social circle... Ask people for referrals, DO NOT BE AFRAID TO ASK!!! Give bonuses for those who refer people to you - something small and not really costly - but something to simply say THANKS for the referral...

You cannot solely rely on the internet to get you customers - People need to see your face and get to know you as a person - Attend Chamber events and networking events in your area! You will find people who are looking for your services.!

JEN
    www.wix-n-stix.com
    GCWix-n-Stix

Answer by GCWix-n-Stix at 9:16 PM on Apr. 3, 2009