Biden Strikes again. Is this what we have to look forward to?

Vice President Joe Biden brought a clear message to this tiny Eastern North Carolina town Wednesday: The federal recovery money isn’t just for big banks and auto companies.
Biden and U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack announced a new wave of $10.4 billion in federal stimulus money for home loans across the country, and billions more for essential services in rural communities such as Pikeville, which is getting money for a new fire station. Biden used the outdated, current station as a backdrop. Pikeville is just north of Goldsboro in Wayne County.
“We’re investing in places like this all across the country,” Biden said, “to demonstrate the vital role towns like this play in the recovery.”
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1468042.html

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 5:04 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Most of the money for the station that was announced Wednesday, however, had been secured last year under the Bush administration, according to fire department officials.
    State Sen. David Rouzer, a Republican who represents Pikeville and worked in the Agriculture Department under President Bush, said he helped secure the fire department money last year out of the federal agency’s regular programs.
    “They’re coming in and cherry picking the best projects and switching out the money, saying it’s stimulus money,” Rouzer said. “But it was already approved and in the pipeline. It’s totally disingenuous to come down here and say this is stimulus money, when regardless of whether a stimulus bill passed, they were getting the money.”
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Trying to make themselves look like the saviors of the world (as usual)....They know the media won't be covering the fact that they are full of crap and that the money was coming to these people stimulus or not.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My BIL used to run the newspaper that this article came from....a LOOOOOONG time ago.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 5:26 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• So are you saying only democrats lie? I didn't vote for Obama. I just would like to see you post something what is not only about Obama or his administration.

Anonymous

• So are you saying only democrats lie?

I believe she's saying Biden lies. Are you saying everything Biden says is the gospel acording to the Democratic party, so any criticism of him is a criticism of all Democrats?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Simple minded Anon, Where in my question did I refer to Democrats as the only liars? If you want to post a lie from another party, you have that right... Just as I have EVERY right to question the CURRENT ADMINISTRATION.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Dude, EVERYBODY LIES!
    Anonymous

• Thanks for clearing that up for the anon grlygrlz2 (tho she probaly doesn't understand it), I was just about to point the same thing about....and CURRENT AMINISTRATION are the key words here.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 5:37 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I just love when Biden comes out to play. I really think he is more suited to be a game show host than VP. I could see Biden hosting The Price is Right. Or Joker's Wild (ah, the good ol' days).
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:40 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Ohh...he does resemble Bob Barker!!!!
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 5:41 PM on Apr. 2, 2009