let's see if I can explain this and let me know what you think............If the BM can't afford to do someting should the SM and BD have to pick up her slack? I know it's a lot, but please read, I'd like to know what you think. The situation is this:

There's 4 practices in a week, SS lives with us, (SM and BD), 2 practices during the week, 2 on weekends(which he spends with her, 3 out of 4 a month). She says she can't afford to drive to our town 4x a week, so she wants him to miss Sunday practices. She also wants us to drive him to her for drop off and pick ups for each weekend so she doesn't have to, b/c she wants to go to practices. Usually we meet 1/2 way. BTW, she doesn't work. I offered to drive him the full way on Fridays to make it easier and meet 1/2 way on Sundays. Should we really have to do all the driving b/c she can't afford it? Should she not come 1 day during the week when he's with us, instead of him missing practice on Sunday, b/c she can't afford it? Do you think whatever parents has him, should get him to where he needs to be? Obviously we'll get him to practice, but should we really have to pick up her slack, shouldn't she get a job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What the heck does this kid practice that there are 4 a week?? Can we say overkill? Let him be a kid!!!!!
    Anonymous

• it's baseball, only for a month, then just down to games, I know it seems like alot, trust me both of my boys are in it. It's going to be a long season, espacially with all the driving!
    Anonymous

• ** especially** hate miss spelled words!
    Anonymous

• I'd tell her to get off her butt and get a job...then she can afford to do things she should already be doing.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 5:16 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• All parents SHOULD contribute equally.

But that doesn't mean that they will.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 5:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Well, if it's only for a month and the kid really wants to do it (as in you guys aren't making him do it), then you and the mom need to work it out where it's not a hardship on anyone. This is all part of being married to someone with a kid from someone else.
    Anonymous

• I don't see how her getting a job is going to fix this. It's only for a month...if you don't like it then pull him out.
    Anonymous

• MMMMMMMMMMM I THINK IF SHE GETS CHILD SUPPORT SHE SHOULD BEABLE TO DRIVE HIM SOME WHAT BUT IF YOU DO ALL THE DRIVING SHE IS JUST TAKING YOU GUYS FOR A RIDEMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I WOULD BE WONDERING WHERE THE CHILD SUPPORT MONEY IS GOING SWEETIE MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    Anonymous

• Why doesn't she skip the weekday practices so she can afford to drive him when she has him on the weekends? My son plays football and my other son plays soccer and their schedules this year have practices on the same days. So my hubby and I split up. One day he does football and I do soccer and the next we switch. I don't get to see all the practices, but I do make it to all the games. If she can only afford to drive 2x a week, then make it the days when she has her son. Yeah it sucks not getting to see all the practices, but you do what you can do.

In the end though you may end up picking up her slack, it's not fair or right, but it's what we do for our kids.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• No it's not right, yes she should d her part, but it comes down to the point that you cant make her, and if you fight about it with her your ss will eventually catch on, and do you want him to miss practice, or do you want him there bad enough to take him all the time and pick up her slack? I am sorry, my best friend is in a situation like this too. You do what you gotta do for the kid, regardless if the other parent is pulling their share or not.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:23 PM on Apr. 2, 2009