after sex

can spotting after sex or masterbation be normal in early pregnancy? not bright red blood just a lil bit of light pink when i whipe and thats it. and it seems to be more watery then real blood. btw im 6-7 weeks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if you dont have cramping or alot of blood then you should be fine
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:28 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• not to get too personal but were you rough? because being rough can make you spot a little
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:29 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• yes it should be okay, but tell him to be more gentle next time ;)
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• After intercourse, absolutely, since the cervix is directly hit and can bleed; after masturbation that seems to be spotting that is different, but may still be normal. Spotting that is light, is brown or pink , and isn't accompanied by cramping or pain is most likely perfectly normal. Bleeding that is heavy, bright red, and/or has any cramping involved should be taken seriously.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 5:32 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• well i had sex on Tues. and i had a spot of blood the next day but it was only a spot and its not that the sex was rough but it lasts forever! and i masterbated (tmi i know) earlier today and and then i had the light pink when i whiped about an hour later. no cramps at least when the spotting happens but ya know being pregnant i have had some "period cramps" for the past month and a have but no bleeding except after orgasm
    Anonymous

• Your cervix is very sensitive during pregnancy, so sometimes when it is irritated by sex or masturbation it can cause some slight bleeding. If you are not having continually gushing blood, accompanied by cramping, I wouldn't worry too much.

I know because I called my Midwife at 2am hysterically crying because my dh and I were going at it pretty good and he looks down and says "what the hell" I was bleeding what I considered a lot. She asked if the bleeding stopped quickly, which was a yes. She told me to make sure we were more gentle in our sexcapades from then on and to not worry.
    At my next ultrasound they made sure to check that the placenta wasn't near the cervix, but she wasn't worried at all.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• It could be Implantation Bleeding?
    Implantion bleeding or spotting does not look like a regular menstrual period.
    Implantation bleeding is scanty and usually pink or brownish discharge.
    Just a thought.

Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 3, 2009