How much would you pay a babysitter?

I' just wondering if you would pay someone $15 an hour to watch your kids and bring her 2 and 5 year old along? I have a friend that wants to do that and I think she's crazy for asking that much. She is also always sickk and her kids are in and out of the doctors office so she has to call and cancle a lot(she lost 2 or 3 previous jobs because of this).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• If it is at your house eating your food and her kids are tearing up yor house then no. But if you are dropping your off, and she is responsible for feeding them and such, I would say maybe, but the first time she has to cancel because of something she dropps down to a more reasonable rate. GL, I hate doing business with friends, it will kill the relationship.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:46 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I think thats realy high. Weekly day care is only about $100.00 for a whole week. Which is way less that then15 an hour. Most people who do home daycare only charge about 4 an hour per child. My teenage daughter charges 6 an hour. for up to two kids, and 9 for three.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 5:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I would never pay someone $15 an hr - that's more than I make! No way! Depending on the person and the reason for sitting, I'd pay between $2 and $5 an hr. My kid's sitter while I am at work is $100 per week, for both of them, which breaks down to about $2.22 an hr. I'd pay a teenager babysitting in my home $5 if they drove themselves or their parents drop off/pick up, $3 if I have to pick them up and drop them off.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Quality daycare where l live is about 300-400 a week. For 100 a week you get the high school dropout who has kids and gives so so childcare. I would not pay 15 and hour for that.
    Anonymous

• I have a friend who has a special needs child and only pays nine dollars an hour for a sitter for her so no 15 is way to much...
    Logan17000

Answer by Logan17000 at 8:49 PM on Apr. 2, 2009