Angry Black Woman? Acidic African American?

Would you have respect for a journalist who wrote like this?

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090402/COLUMNISTS09/904020328

Is it ok for a Liberal Black Journalist to write this way, but Conservatives commentators are ridiculed? Can we at cafemom refer to other moms as an angry black woman or acidic white girl?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• WAIT A MINUTE. During the inaguration there was a poem read talking of people of "color" was that wrong? bxbsmommy, ladychamp? Did you take offense to that poem?  Or are you picking and choosing where you take offense? PAAAALEEEEEEZE you are a bunch of hypocrites.

The benediction by the Reverend James Lowery where he asked for a world where the brown can stick around, the white does right, the red can get ahead, and the yellow can be mellow.

dancenmomi

Answer by dancenmomi at 7:43 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• After reading that piece of *ahem* entertainment, I would sooner call her an opinion columnist than a journalist. I am not impressed with her writing style. Maybe she should get into writing fiction.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:56 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Maybe she should get into writing fiction.

I think she already has...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:56 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But this does, yet again, bring about the HYPOCRITE question....  The eternal question.... lol

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I don't get it. How is the writer a hypocrite?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 6:04 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Stacy, who said the writer was a hypocrite? lol... I said it brings about the question... Big difference...  Ops question raises the question of is this hypocritical? Is ok for her to excersise her free speech(angry white guy, acidic asian american)? And then why any "drama" over the words of such people as Tammy Bruce, who also used her 1st amendment right. Many (here on cm) didn't appreciate the need for Tammy Bruce to name call. Is it ok for this journalist? Isn't this just the same opinionated jargon, different side of politics?

And Op, I would never refer to someone as "[negative adjective] [race]" on cafemom or anywhere... I am all for free speech, but I personally don't care to talk about people like that. 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:31 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• The writer is a HYPOCRITICAL dummy.

You try saying things like that about colored people out loud, you'll get it good if somebody finds out.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:37 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• colored people? seriously?
    Anonymous

• colored people? seriously?

Angry white guy, acidic asian american, seriously?

Anonymous

• colored people.....Wow.

*sigh*
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 8:53 PM on Apr. 2, 2009