How do you know when it's time for you to stop having babies?

How do you know when it's time for you to stop having babies? Would you judge by your health, how many you can afford, how many you think you can hadle without going bananas, your age or do you just leave it all in the hands of god? Thanks no bashing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• I dont know. I am having trouble with this too. I am pregnant with # 4 and am facing the decision of getting my tubes tied, dont know what to do. GL with a decision.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:48 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My body was not holding up! My pregnancies were getting more and more uncomfortable. We really didn't want to have anymore, we didn't think we could handle it. Four is enough. My last baby I had a tubal done. It was weird emotionally at first. But now I'm very happy I did it. It's just the hormones and knowing how final things are that messed with me for a little bit. But I am learning there is more to life than being pregnant and pushing out babies. I am now preparing for lap band surgery to lose the 100 lbs I have battled with for the last 11 years of childbearing. I plan to be back in my size 7 bikini by the end of next year. Then I want to do all the things with my children that I couldn't do because I was pregnant and overweight. Camping, fishing, boating, swimming, jogging, ball.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 5:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I have one and I am 30. Dh wants to try for a boy in a few years. Right now, I'm happy with one, but I suppose I could feel differently in a few years or maybe he will. I definitely don't want more than 2.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Ak aries I got my tubes tied when I had my 4th baby and i'm very sad I did. Think about it longer. I thought 4 kids was enough but now I wish I could have another baby in 2 more years. Without a very expensive surgry or even more exspensive IVF it probably won't happen.
    Anonymous

• When you can no longer to afford to give them the things they need to survive. When having a child will strap you too tightly financially. When you can no longer give the same attention to each child. When you are just done... We have two and are having two more. We know we can very comfortably afford the four of them and still live a comfortable life and have tons of fun. If we didn't think we could do it financially and emotionally, we wouldn't.

happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 7:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I have one and I don't think that I could have more emotionally so We're most def not trying. But God's gotten through stronger stuff than birth contorl.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I think all of those things combined.
    Deb_Jones

Answer by Deb_Jones at 6:44 AM on Apr. 3, 2009