how do you do it its bugging me

i like to work to earn my own money so i can buy what i want without asking for it the only thing i HATE about working is i have to be away from my daughter it sucks so bad shes only 21 mos old i feel like she needs me more then anyone else and i have to be at work it breaks my heart i feel sick the whole time im at work and when i get off and she runs up to me i just wanna cry, my plan was to start working when she went to school and only work mornings, i really dont care at all if i get ....me time.... or if shes crying for hrs at a time i would rather be with her then without her, so i hope one day i can be a stay at home mom or at least work when shes at school so i dont have these heart breaking feelings.

does anyone else feel like this how old are your kids, how do you single moms do it work full time and still get time with your kids i work pt and it sucks
p.s yes im with the father still

truannmil

Asked by truannmil at 5:56 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • Well I am a daycare provider, and it works out for me cause I get to keep my daughter home with me and I don't have to miss anything, or feel bad. I can understand how you feel, because just thinking about other mom's leaving their kids breaks my heart. But I definitely enjoy caring for all their children. Maybe you could look at some from home jobs...There are a lot of options out there now...
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 6:04 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I had trouble understanding your question too, sorry. From what I can tell you are working to have your own money and to not have to depend on your partner, but you feel miserable leaving your little girl. Is that right? I suggest talking to your SO, figuring up what it is costing you to work (daycare, lunches at work, etc) and what is actually profit, and seeing if it can't be budgeted for you to stay home. You may have to make some changes to your spending, but if you are really this sad leaving your daughter, it might be well worth it to you to do whatever it takes to be able to stay with your little girl. You could return to work when she goes to school, without feeling these things that you're struggling with.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 6:28 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I am an English teacher and cafe mom never claimed to be a perfectly written site- This is not the place to correct other people's writing, Why are we wasting more time on punctuation than her actual question? She and her kid are the important factors.

I am miserable because I have school loans that we simply won't be able to cover on just my husband's income and a new baby due in July. It will tear me up to have to leave her.

We do it because we have to. Your child will have to be fine, and honestly being around other children in a child care situation may actually help your baby to grow smarter and more socially adaptable. This is what I keep telling myself. Both of mine adapt well to any situation and both love me very much-

I would much rather be with my kids but I chose to have a career as well. I am woman, I have it all.... hear me roar.... right?
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:35 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My husband and I both have to work...SUCKS! I work nights and he works days so we don't have to pay daycare expenses and that way the kids are always with some I know I can trust. I have it a little easier, because all I really miss is dinner and bedtime. I still get most of the day with my kids. I hate only seeing my son 3 hours a day though because he is in school. I would suggest really seeing if you can't manage on part time hours, or even you leaving your job.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:45 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I LOVE MY JOB AS A MOMMY,I DONT HAVE TO LEAVE MY KIDS LOL BUT YA I WANT NIGHT TIME JOB SO DADA CAN RAISE THEM TO AT NITES
    blackjack

Answer by blackjack at 7:35 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I second the idea of looking at your actual profit from working and seeing if you could sacrifice some things to stay at home until she's 4. Stuff like dry cleaning, eating out, new clothes, your cell phone, hair appointments, etc., really add up and you really don't need any of that if you are staying at home most of the time. My husband and I sacrificed a lot for me to be able to stay at home with my boys (now ages 4 & 5) and it was the best decision for us. Your kids will only be little like that once (sounds cliche, I know, but it is so true- the time has flown by). I have friends who wanted to keep their careers and 'have it all' but now that their kids are older they regret it and see that financially they wouldn't be much worse off if they had taken a couple of years off and they would've gotten that time with their kids while they were young. Definitely a tough choice either way, best of luck! :)
    Norest4mommy

Answer by Norest4mommy at 12:04 AM on Apr. 3, 2009