Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 16 year old son ran away to live with his dad because his dad has no rules to follow. He even allows my son's 17 year old girlfriend to stay all night. His father is now in jail and now my son is living with his father's girlfriend who does not get along with my son. What should I do since I am still responsible for him

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

Answers (15)
  • go fucking get the kid. damn how hard is that?
    or i may just see him in a few days at the juvenile detention center where i work.

    Answer by justjacki at 6:12 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

  • go get him.

    Answer by AK_aries at 6:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

  • Yes I love it! I agree with the post above!!!!!!!!! Great answer! :)

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

  • You go drag his ass home kicking and screaming,and if that does'nt work,get the law to pick him up.You are the parent ,not him.Good luck

    Answer by Val504 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

  • You go and get that kid. He is still a minor and you are responsible for him. You should have gone and gotten him when he first ran away to live with his dad. I agree, that if he fights you on this, then call the cops. Until he is legally an adult, he has to follow your rules and live under your roof since you are his parent. How can you let your children walk all over you like this?? What are you teaching them by allowing this behavior?

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

  • Drag his ass home right now. And if you feel the girlfriend is going to be a problem, take some cops with you. Did your husband have any legal right to his son anymore? Because if he doesn't, you can charge him too, if you are inclined to go that way. But you need to go and him NOW.

    Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:37 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

  • Take control of this matter mom & tell your son he doesn't have a choice in this matter. Your obviously the responsible parent right now so you tell your son that you want him to pack his things & get back home. There's no need to argue with him, That's his only options because this is not your Ex husband new girlfriends responsibility. Standyour ground & prepare yourself for a 2ndalternative because if he refuses & gives you any kind of struggle, you need to take action to let him know that your not kidding. He MAY just have to see a side of you that he wishes he never met! Whatever it takes~Good luck!


    Answer by onespecialmom at 7:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

  • Go get him and if he refuses to go home with you call the cops. Good luck it's gonna be a roller coaster, but with Dad in jail you really need to get him home.

    Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

  • when i was 16 i ran away from home.. the cops brought me back home.. but they told me that if i really didn't want to be there.. after i turned 17 that they could not force me to go back.
    With that said.. You should be in charge. You tell him he needs to come home. You can call the police.. ask what the law is in your area.. but there may be nothing you can do about it either.
    Good luck mom.

    Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

  • Go get him, why would you continue to let him live with the girlfriend??? I would drag his ass kicking and screaming all the way home. You are responsible for him and have no control over him, what he is doing, nothing. If he gets in trouble you will be held responsible. Geesh, you had to ask what to do? SOrry!!

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.