Do you think if parents somoke,kids are more likely to smoke later on in life?

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 6:14 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• it depends. some kids might just get so disgusted with it that they never want to. others will think its okay and start early.
    Anonymous

• I THINK THEY ARE WAY MORE LIABLE. THE WILL BECOME TENNAGER AND START STEALING THEM FROM U
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 6:16 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• It is a documented fact that they are more likely to, one of the reason I quit
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 6:16 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Yes.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 6:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Statistics show that the children of smokers are more likely to become smokers themselves.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 6:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• yea. my parents were both smokers, and I always thought that it was okay, they never really told me the reprecussions of it though. I started smoking when I was 16, but thank goodness I came to my senses when I found out I was prego 4 years ago almost!!! I don't want my daughter to think that it is acceptable. And I don't want to set a bad example...
    Anonymous

• Not in my case.I think its a filthy habit.My family is about 50-50 on which kids took up the habit
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:18 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My DH grew up to hate it and both of his parents smoked. He was embarrassed of smelling like smoke when his mom would light one up in the car on the way to school. I started smoking just enough to fit in with my peers at 13, and I started 'practicing' at home so I wouldn't cough in front of them. Shortly after, I was stealing them from my mom all the time. She was my enabler.

Anonymous

• Yes, I think they are more likely. Look around, you RARELY see one smoker in a family.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 6:19 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• They are, but that doesn't mean they will. If you can explain to children while they are young the nature of addiction the best you can, they may be less inclined to smoke. I am the only non-smoker, non-drinker in my ENTIRE family. My husband is the only smoker in his family. However, my SS says that he will never smoke. BM smokes in the house, not when he is there, but when he is not. That smell doesn't go away. He constantly smells like smoke when he comes home from there, or when she takes him to school and he HATES it. I think the embarrassment at the smell will be enough for him.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:31 PM on Apr. 2, 2009