18 weeks and dialated already!

last night I was having bad pains and I went to the hospital and they said that I wasnt having contractions(I knew that) and that I was a centimeter dialated already! I also found out that I am having another girl!!

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 6:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• that is sweet that it is another girl, hope you hold out and nothing happens tooo soon good luck
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• i don't think that's normal usually u wont dilate till your last trimester. i dont know what to tell you i say go to the hospital.
    amber_walshak

Answer by amber_walshak at 6:28 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• what is your question??

if you start going into labor too soon they can stop that and more than likely will.......
    Anonymous

• Maybe your doctor can do a cerclage to keep you from dialating any more.
    Anonymous

• Congrats on the girl but as far as the dilating goes...I agree with amber walshak. I don't think that is normal. Are you sure you don't have an incompetent cervix?
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• anon is right ,my sil had to have her cervix stitched until the baby was born. Good luck.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 6:31 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I just wanted to know if anyone else has found out if they were dialated this soon! I'm worried about it. The doctor last night said its normal if you have had more than one pregnancy but I worried because I have had two miscarriages in the past.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:31 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I would do a little research,on your own,I'm not saying your DR is wrong,but since you have already had two miscarriages,which this problem maybe the reason for them.I have'nt heard of dialating that early at all,but I don't know.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 6:39 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I know this girl who has 4 kids now and is a small girl and her babies were all born early due to when she would get like 5mths or more she'd start contracting and then dialate some. They put her on bed rest. All her babies were born about 33-35weeks pregnant. My husband's brother's ex wife had to be stiched up with her second baby because she had problems carrying babies, like basically holding them in.
    Anonymous