after a miscarriage how long do I have to wait to have sex again?

Do I have to wait until the doctor's approval or until I stop bleeding?

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 6:31 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Health

• I had a miscarriage in '97 and I waited about 6 weeks till I was completely healed, it's the same time frame as postpartum. You also don't want to risk getting pregnant so fast after a miscarriage also. You should wait at least 3-6 months before trying again or longer. It will happen in God's timing....remember we're all working in His time!! God Bless you and your family!!
    Andie0204

Answer by Andie0204 at 9:26 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• You don't have to wait. I never did and I have had 2 miscarriages. My doctors told me it was fine to. Then again I did miscarry around the 5 week mark both times. The only reason they say to wait is so you can have a period before trying again so they don't have to send you for an ultrasound to date the pregnancy. There is no risk to getting pregnant again right after a miscarriage by what I know.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I was told just to wait until I had stopped bleeding. My doctors said that it was fine to get pregnant right away again as well.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 9:42 PM on Apr. 3, 2009