how to get my two kids to fall asleep in own beds on their own????

i have a Two and Three year old (in may) i rock both too sleep every night--have since they were brought home friom the hospital. they get a bath, books, water or juice and then i rock them! how do i transition them with the least amount of crying!! to go to sleep in their own beds?? once i put them in their beds after rocking them they both sleep really well--my youngest sleeps till 4 or 5 then comes into our bed till 7:30 and my oldest sleeps anywhere from 2-6 then comes in till 7:30. anyone help?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 2 and 3 year olds understand rules. So you need to set up some sort of rule. Instead of rocking them all the way to sleep. Rock them a little, read one book, and put them in bed. Or if they are not hard to get to sleep, then continue that routine. but when they come to mommy and daddy's bed. Take them by the hand and back to there own bed. They may cry for a while, when they first realize that mommy is changing things up. But after a week or two, they will understand that mom wants them to stay in their own bed.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 6:43 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I just got done dealing with this problem myself. I would lay down with my 2 1/2 yr old to get him to go to sleep but I would end up falling asleep and that was the end of my night and life! So finally i layed him in his bed and left his door open and a couple times i had to yell at him to get back into bed but i was amazed it eventually worked! Now i just have to get him to stop waking up every night at 3am and coming into my bed! lol!
    paytonpants54

Answer by paytonpants54 at 8:13 PM on Apr. 2, 2009