cereal at night

Does you give your LO cereal at night?? My son is 4 1/2 months old. He has had cereal for about a month now, and is on fruits and veggies. He gets cereal for breakfast with fruit, veggie for lunch. And we eat a late dinner, so I usually feed him cereal at dinner time and then put him to bed. He doesnt much care for it, and it doesn't help him sleep really, so should I keep giving it to him at night?? Just wondering what others do. Could I give him fruit for lunch, and his veggie at night do you think. What does everyone else do for a feeding schedule?? Just curious, thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• uhm you shouldn't give your baby that young so many dif foods. whats wrong with you!? their digestive systems arent even fully developed yet...
    Anonymous

• Fruits and veggies should be started at 6 months or later.
    Anonymous

• We gave cereal at breakfast. Just kind of made sense to us because that's when we eat cereal. lol

Fruits we gave at lunch and supper was veggies and later mixed combo meals. Again, no real reason...just when we did it.

Breakfast was about 8am, lunch around 11:30 or noon, supper was about 5-6ish. They had snacks between the meals and another snack about 1- 1 1/2 hours before bed. (well, that was at 6 months when they had three meals and we had introduced finger and table foods)

At only 4 1/2 months I think they only were having cereal at breakfast and veggies at supper then a bottle of formula every 2-3 hours between. (big eaters)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:46 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I do and have done the same thing since about that age when I started giving my DS cereal and baby food. The doctor told me to.. Most the time they do.. I have been through about 3 doctors now and all have told me cereal at 3-4 months and stage 1 foods to fallow. I would try giving a veggie at dinner instead of a fruit just because I've noticed that veggies do tend to fill them up a little more. My DS is 7 months old now so I give him something with pasta in it at night and it seems to help instead of the cereal but dont try that yey. Wait another month or two.. Just give it a try. Nothing is going to make you baby sleep through the night until they are ready I have figured that out now.. My son is 7 months old and it's a hit or miss on is he's going to sleep all night. But I would just try mixing it up and see what happens. It's worth a shot
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• my pedi told me it was okay to give him these foods. he has more than doubled his birth weight and is doing just fine eating different foods. nothing is wrong with me, and my son is as healthy as can be thank you.
    Anonymous

• I was also told not to give my daughter food that early. I did anyway. My mother-in-law fed all 3 of her children food at 2 months and there is nothing wrong with any of them. I give my daughter cereal at breakfast fruit at lunch and veggies before bed. She does not sleep any better either. You do what you feel is right. You are the one who is with your child, and has to deal with it all. Like they say mother knows best!!!!
    MomLuvsTrin

Answer by MomLuvsTrin at 8:58 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My DD is almost 7 months and has been on cereal and fruits and veggies since about 3 1/2 4 months. I give her oatmeal and and fruit in the morning and just a veggie at lunch and rice and veggie at night and in between all her bottles have rice in them. Before bed it goes veggie mixed with rice to thicken it up a little, then bath time, then bottle. Wait 30 to 45 min with her sitting up or leaning then bed time. Works great for her.
    mamanpnk

Answer by mamanpnk at 9:55 PM on Apr. 2, 2009