My Teenage Boy is eating us out of the house!

How many of you out there have Teenagers that eat everything that doesn't move?

My son has just came home from school & ate two corndogs & a huge sandwich. This is good compared to what he usually has. He will eat again in about an hour & graze until 6:30 & then eat Dinner. I can't keep anything in the house & it's driving me nuts. The cashiers at the Grocery store knows me by my first name. (ha)

onespecialmom

Asked by onespecialmom at 6:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• LOL, I would stock up on high protein foods because they will help him feel more full. Good luck keeping a teenage boy in food!
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 6:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• lol, I can imagine. Mine isn't a teen yet, but I have a BIL that eats his MIL out of her house..
    Anonymous

• My son is 13 and eats EVERYTHING!!! He will also come home and eat a frozen pizza, some noodles, leftover dinner and than maybe a bowl of cereal before dinner....than STILL eat more than my husband at dinner!!! And OF COURSE he has to eat again 2 hours later!! Its like he is an infant all over again! He needs to eat every 2 hours!! lol....
    my_three_sons

Answer by my_three_sons at 6:55 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My cousins do the samething and there only 9 and 6! I babysit them so when they come over after school, there usually super duper hungry. Every minute it feels like there asking me to cook them something. My brother was also the sameway! he's 18 years old and he would do the exact samething. I couldnt believe how much he was actually consuming and now it's just crazy how much boys can eat! (including prego women) lol. :)
    CandieGirl09

Answer by CandieGirl09 at 7:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I have a 17 year old daughter,and I would put her up against your son anyday lol,I could'nt begin to tell you how much she eats.It drives me nuts too,she will stop by BK and eat on the way home from school,less than an hour later eats supper,have a sandwich and chips,and before bed eat leftovers,and that little hussy only weighs 94 lbs.so I feel ya dear
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 7:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I started only buying things for meals that way there was not any snack type foods in the house I quit buying all of the microwave pizza things, lean pockets and stuff like that. I only bought fresh Vegetables and Fruit. They eat that now by choice when the other stuff is around. Plus i think the fresh veggies and fruit fills them up more then something they could have thrown in the microwave. I also had them doing stuff so they would stop eating just because they were bord.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 7:31 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• My son used to say he was hungry whenever the commercials came on. We started to discourage T.V. and find other interests. I often say "Kitchen's closed."
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 7:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• YUP gotta keep my 16 year old fed every 2 hours like an infant or he is CRANKY!!! I try to get something high protein or carbs in him right after school then dinner then hockey then what he likes to call "4th meal" like the taco bell commercial LOL.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I'm years away from having a teenager, but my brother was the same way! All he did was eat all the time. I remember fighting w/ him over food. I put something in the microwave & went to the bathroom. When I got back, he'd stolen my food! He'd drink everything. I remember him coming home from Taco Bell w/ 20 tacos...lol! But he's not fat. He is tall & cut. And all he did was eat and sit on the computer all day. My mom would buy me my own food to stash in my room so he wouldn't eat it all. Haha. It was terrible.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 8:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• This is too funny~I can relate to all these responses....I was getting frustrated but after reading these, I found a little humor in it.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 9:13 PM on Apr. 2, 2009