What happened to you?

before you went into labor? Besides your water breaking or contractions, did you go into crazy nesting mode or have some cravings or feel the need to do something? Did you have a feeling it was going to happen that day or was it a complete surprise?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 6:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can kinda tell down yonder. i nested like the month before. i through up a few nights before and i heard a lot of people get nauseated and throw up a few days before
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 6:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Yes I did I went into this cleaning spree I could not sit still that is natures way of preparing for the birth of the baby :) (welcoming the baby home) GL

And yes it is called Nesting...
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:55 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I was really nauseated and wasn't that hungry. I was on bedrest at 32 weeks and at 2 days before I had my son I was on the bathroom floor scrubbing it with an SOS pad, haha, determined to have it sparkling, and 2 days later my water broke.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• For me it was a complete surprise. I was two days late but I didn't feel any different. I laid down with my older son to take a nap and all of a sudden my water broke.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 7:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Mine was a total surpise.. I woke up at 8 that moning to go to the bathroom like everyother morning and laid back down and I noticed my hips were hurtinig but didnt think anything of it. About 6-7 hours later a friend of mine called me to check on me and asked what was wrong and informed me that I needed to call my doctor. Plus I hadnt felt my son move in almost 24 hours so I needed to call either way. Even on the way to the hospital I was convinced I was in labor lol
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I lost some of my mucus plug and started having contractions a few hours later. Then I was in full blown labor about 4 hrs. later.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 7:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I craved pasta and cleaned like crazy!
    Anonymous

• I didn't nest. I was pretty normal. As my due date approached, I was still living life normally waiting for a sign to tell me to go to the hospital. One morning I woke up and was bleeding. That was the sign I was waiting for. So my husband and I went to the hospital and told the nurses at the counter that I was in labor and I had my son 6 hours later.
    starandseen

Answer by starandseen at 8:14 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I could just sense it the day I went into labor, but I was in denial. I went to the mall w/ my boyfriend. I bought a t shirt that was too big for me & my boyfriend told me to buy a smaller one b/c the baby was gonna come soon & there would be no need for a larger shirt. We ran errands all day. He asked me a million times if it was ok for him to go to his friend's house & I told him to go and that I'd be okay...nothing was going to happen. But I went into labor while he was gone & didn't call him when I got my contraction. He just walked into the house & I was pacing around the living room. He said he sensed it & came home & yelled at me for not calling him. I was really relaxed about it, but he and my mom were filling out & acting crazy. I left for the hospital around 10:30 after I called the hospital & they told me to come in. It was pretty much smooth sailing. I cant believe I was so nonchalant.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 8:23 PM on Apr. 2, 2009