To Christians? and if you non christians want to answer no bashing

Why is it that so many people cant just trust in the Word of God? Their are so many prophecies and promises that have been fulfilled that God put in words they would.. Like Jesus was prophecised like 400 hundred years before anyone even knew of his coming? The world is constantly fulfilling prophecy so why do so many people believe its just made up? or a bunch of men just wrote it?

UAFwife

Asked by UAFwife at 7:08 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because the bible has already prophesied that men would rather believe a lie than the truth.

mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 7:12 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• As a non Christian it's simple there is no reason for me to try to foster trust for something that I don't believe. In my view, the Bible isn't the Word of God, it's just a book written by men, men that I agree with on very little, at that. A Christian is going to see in the bible with the filter of understanding that it's the Word of God. As a non Christian I have no such filter, and therefore my undestanding of the bible is limited to what makes sense to me, or what I have found to be proven or disproven. The thing that I hope Christians I encounter will understand is that, I am ok with that. I don't want any other understanding than my own.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 7:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• right on BubbaLuva
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 7:24 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• There are as many faiths as there are individuals.
    writeon

• people choose to believe what they want to , wether its wrong or right. Most people (unsaved and saved) just choose "parts" of the BIBLE they want to believe and live by. NOw is this wrong, yes! The BIBLE is our guide! We are suppose to live by it and read it to understand what GODS plan is for us. The BIBLE says in the last days people are going to laugh and scoff at the BIBLE.
    jesussaves424

Answer by jesussaves424 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I say because they can't live by bible standards.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 7:26 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• People say the bible is God's word, how do we know that? God didn't write the bible, man did.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:31 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Because every con man knows he won't sucker everyone in, so he concentrates only on the gullible.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:42 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I lived according to the Bible's standards for the majority of my life, it's not that something happened & I was no longer able to. Rather, as time went on, my personal beliefs evolved past the necessity (which I believe I wold have never had, if it hadn't been drilled into me as a child) for something outside of myself to dictate how to live my life. I now believe that everything I need for a happy & fulfilling life resides soley within myself. I know those that believe in the bible may take the idea that my beliefs "evolved" past the bible as impossible, but this is how I experienced my spiritual growth, I mean no disrespect to those that follow the bible.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 7:58 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Some can't live on faith alone.
    hdb

Answer by hdb at 8:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2009