how do you feel?

how do you feel when a confersation goes into a relgion? And when one party is trying to explain why one believe (example Baptist) believes the way they do and or what the diffrences is between two religons? Does it make you mad when they are being sincer about the conversation and someone else butts in and trys to argue or prove it wrong? HOw do you feel and what do you do?

jesussaves424

Asked by jesussaves424 at 7:12 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I love talking/discussing/debating issues like religion. IMO it allows me the oppurtunity to learn about various beliefs and practices while at the same time, letting others learn about me and why I believe the way I do. It only gets complicated when people don't want to have a true discussion...just an "I'm right, your wrong" statement and thats the end of it. It happens here on cafemom a lot. This is what I think and the rest of you are stupid...blah blah blah... I like to put out ideas and welcome those who think differently to give intelligent ideas and opinions without ending the debate like third graders...
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 4:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I would say well that's good you have faith and I have mine and change the subject.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 7:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• A conversation is an exchange of thoughts between two or more people.  If the other party adds their sincere opinion it doesn't mean that they are trying to prove you wrong.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:47 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Nope, it doesn't make me mad. I know how I feel and I'm fine with that. I stand my ground and will say I disagree or whatever and give my reasons and beliefs. It does annoy me when I let the person know I disagree and they keep on badgering over and over but I still don't get mad or anything.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 7:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I don't discuss religion.
    hdb

Answer by hdb at 7:58 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• There are two topics that are not normally talked about in my home... Politics and Religion... often times it gets to ugly and I believe we are each right within our own beliefs, yet I am always wrong in anothers eyes, so these subjects don't get discussed....
    And if they are brought up I ask that the subject is changed or I simple walk away... it's not worth the arguing and the headaches that insue with it....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:06 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• It depends, if it is an open exchange where we can both agree to disagree, that is fine. I have a friend I have great conversations about religion with. She's Anglican, I'm a Buddhist. We both respect each other's view and we have some very interesting talks! However, as soon as one person cannot agree to disagree or seeks to convert the other or tries to tell the other person why they are right and I am wrong, it has crossed a line between challenging conversation and pressure tactics, and that's when it's time to call it quits for me!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:41 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I like to debate and to learn. Therefore, I don't mind having conversations about religion with people of other beliefs. However, if someone buts in and tries to tell me I am "wrong" I do have a problem with that. Who knows who is right and who is wrong anyway? Just b/c the bible says so?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:07 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• I love to discuss religion. There are huge differences in having a discussion, having a debate, and having an argument though. I tend to try to avoid the latter two, because I believe in respecting a person's individual opinion, but I do love to share and to discuss with others who are willing to do so. There's no sense in talking to someone who isn't interested in what you have to say, though, and its pointless discussing things with someone who is more concerned with making you agree with them than being honestly interested and curious about your thoughts and opinions.
    There are a few groups in here where the dynamic is so incredible we can have real in depth discussions and everyone gets along very well, despite differing opinions. So its possible, and when it happens its my favorite thing to be a part of.
    =)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:08 AM on Apr. 3, 2009