I dont understand the concept of how "When babies are ready they'll come out"

I dont understand how they "know" when to come out...like, what do they do to make the human body contract?

Is it the baby thats ready? or your own body thats actually ready?

Sorry im just thinking about how this is possible that a baby with a tiny brain knows when he/she is ready =p

Its quite interesting...so..anyone know anything?

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 7:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• just goes to show we are very smart in the womb,before we meet the world,but as we get older we get dumber lol
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 7:19 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• they release a horomone that is all i know . my husband asked the same question the other day lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:19 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• hmmm thats interesting. hhaha and Val i totally agree =)
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 7:22 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I'm sure it's not just the baby that sends a signal, but the woman's body as well. We have to know somehow that thing is just too big to be in there anymore!!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:31 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• That concept is false. If it were true women wouldn't miscarry, we wouldn't have preterm babies and overdue babies.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:40 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• It's just nature. It's not the baby actually "knowing" to come out. It's just a saying.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 8:14 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• you know...i am not crazy about that idea either...i know a girl whos doctors misjudged her due date...when she finally was induced it was because her placenta had already started to decompose...she lost the baby and at autopsy the baby was found to be perfectly healthy but was 45 weeks old...its really kinda scary. and i dont want to go over my due date...
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 9:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2009