please be honest,do any mommy's when reprimanding ur toddler

ever slip a curse or 2???????and do u feel bad for it?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• Ya, and no I don't really feel bad for it. I have a bad potty mouth anyway.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Of course I have...I mean really who hasn't? Ok I'm sure there are some people out there who haven't but I haven't met them. I don't feel bad cause I have NEVER sworn at them and never would, that's just disrespecting my child. They hear us swear quite frequently and I don't feel it makes us any less wonderful parents. They are showered with love and affection and very well cared for. They NEVER use the language themselves cause they have grown up hearing it so to them it's nothing, they know they are grown up words and they can use them if they choose when they are old enough.

happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 7:28 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I should say...the F bomb is NEVER said around them, I hate that word it's just too harsh.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 7:29 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• If all moms would be honest,I am sure they have cursed many times,I know I did when they were little,what am I talking about,I still do. lol
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 7:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• No, never. It is too easy to slip into the habit once started, so it is better to never start, and better that the child not be exposed to it from a close family member. My husband's mother cussed every other word, and he still lapses from time to time even though we have a strict policy of no cussing in the house.

Answer by Bmat at 7:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• No. It is easy not to slip when you are not a "curser" in the first place!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 7:49 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• For some time I wold say Damn. It stopped when my 4 yo son told his 3 yo sister to sit down and eat her damn carotts. Yeah, it was at my mom's house and she wasen't the only one to hear it. Also wasen't fun when he was 2 and after hearing his father yell at another driver, associated honking with "effin people"
    I feel bad because because I don't want my kids to learn to speak that way or that it's acceptable.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Yes, I have. Even more so now that he will be a teenager in a few months. And no I don't feel bad about it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:09 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Mine are all grown now and once in a blue moon one slips out, but NEVER when they were toddlers, NEVER when they were young.
    Deb_Jones

Answer by Deb_Jones at 6:38 AM on Apr. 3, 2009