Tried for a yr. Now Visiting doc- What should I ask/expect

Wondering what questions I should definately ask and what I might expect- This is visit has been made as a consultation- since I had a reg check up last July. Was trying for baby before that reg visit. I believe I had a pap smear then too.

Sarahmarie80

Asked by Sarahmarie80 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Find out what their more routine protocols are. Do they do a month of cycle monitoring before starting medications? Do they start couples out on 3 months of clomid or other low-tech first before moving up to IUI and/or injectible meds? Do they have billing consultations, if you are paying out of pocket or don't have full infertility insurance coverage? How do they run monitoring...by appointment, or is it more of a morning clinic with first come, first served. Do you see the same doc, or do you get whoever is on for the day?

If you go for advanced techniques, what is their rate of success, rate of multiples, etc.

Good luck!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:24 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Don't know if this will help, but take a look at  www.sharethecause.com/hastily/Unseen-Killers   Toxic overload is listed as  one of the  causes of infertility.  Let me know if you want more info.  I have heard that this product has detoxed bodies and they  were able to conceive.  It is like getting rid of the bad things and letting your body do what is supposed to do.  Message me if i can help.

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 9:31 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I forgot to mention that I have been charting for more than a year my Body temp and mucous according to CCL. So I have all that printed out to show as well.
    Sarahmarie80

Answer by Sarahmarie80 at 10:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I would ask what their out come is. What your insurance is going to cover and how much is your responsibility. and most importantly...when can you get started!!!! Good luck! I hope it works for you! I know where you are coming from. I have been there! i tried for 18mnths before i finally got pregnant with my daughter. We did 2 cycles of IUI. If you have any questions at all feel free to message me...i dont care what you ask, i will answer to the best of my knowledge!!!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2009