to mothers that had a c-section and have to have another one?

ok so i had my son three years ago and iam due to have another one in October and i was wondering is it easier the first c-section or the second one? do you heal faster with the second or is it harder with the second one? i found this thing online and it is a post delivery belt and said it helps heal faster a c-section do you think its worth the buy? thanks just nervous about this pregnancy

Reneemommy

Asked by Reneemommy at 8:12 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I just had my second c section feb 4th and healed really quickly. I got a belt from babies r us and it helped but you can ask for a binder in the hospital.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I'll be having my 3rd next month. The second was much better. With my first I had labored for almost 36 hours, 12 being hard. When they finally decided he wasn't going to turn so he could fit through, I was so tired I was falling asleep between contractions (every 2-5 minutes). Needless to say, my healing time was very long and I was exhausted for the first month or so. With my second, I didn't even labor and was back to my regular activities (within reason) the next week.

hdb

Answer by hdb at 8:26 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• 1st c section was much harder just as she said above you go into it exhausted from labor. My 2nd was planned and much easier recovery. My Dr. preformed the cut right over the first so no additional scare and it healed just fine. Good Luck!
    mammasamba

Answer by mammasamba at 8:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I think that my first was worse then the second.. Cause you know what is going to happen with the second one you will be fine ...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:36 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My first c-section was horrible! I was induced and ended up with an emergency c-section. My second c-section was a failed VBAC, but not emergency. My second was definitely much easier than the first. I also delivered in two different hospitals. The recovery was much better with my second. In the recovery room they wrapped me with something like a soft brace from my ribcage to my hips. The pressure was nice. I could actually get out of bed without assistance and without feeling my insides were going to fall out.
    Lexi.Mommy

Answer by Lexi.Mommy at 10:50 AM on Apr. 3, 2009