Does anyone here NOT know about extended rear facing?

MOST states have laws to RF to 1 year AND 20lbs...but this is the bare minimum. The AAP newest recommendations is to Rf the carseat your infant is in until age 2......just in case no one knew

tabi_cat1023

Asked by tabi_cat1023 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I saw this on a website, I felt bad for those kids in those seats :(
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:31 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• you felt bad for kids in RFed seats???
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 8:36 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Yep... I know about it :) I learned about it when my son was about 5 months old (now 8) He will be rearfacing until he outgrows his convertible seat.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:26 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• theres no way i can keep my DD RF till shes 2. she wont fit! she's only 9 m/o now & her legs are this [ ] close to bending when shes in it. she also passed the 20lb mark a while back. when she gets to a year & her legs wont allow her to sit RF i will flip her. the AAP says a lot of things that a lot of ppl dont follow...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:32 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• okmanders:

There are no reported cases of leg injuries because the child's "legs were too long" You can keep your child rearfacing in a convertible carseat until they are 35 pounds.

Have you seen any videos or read about what happens to children who are forward facing and get into an accident?
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 11:42 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I DO! I wish I had known about it when my older two were young, but my wee one will stay RF until 35 pounds!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:41 AM on Apr. 3, 2009