What would you do

What would you do if your 11 year old son lies about school work and takes things from his friends without them knowing?? Punishing him isn't helping. Anyone have this problem.

sweetmom1007

Asked by sweetmom1007 at 8:26 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Scare him straight. Set a time for him to tour juvenile hall or arrange for a police officer to come to your home. This worked wonders for my step daughter.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:31 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• well I think that the lieing about homework is normal, but stealing from his friends is not, have you asked him why he's taking things from his friends? I would tell him if he keeps doing this that he wont have any friends! could it be there's things he wants but just cant afford and thats why he is stealing? My advice would be have him get a lil job like cutting grass, racking leaves but he has to keep up with school work to keep his job, this way he will have some money in his pocket and he will learn how to be responsible, I dont think the stealing is a huge deal, not a good thing though but I think its b/c he just wants stuff he knows he cant afford. Good luck hun

Anonymous