What are so things that I can do with my 6 month old for her to learn?

mamanpnk

Asked by mamanpnk at 8:26 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think she was looking for any smart ass coments Annon! Seriously, that was really rude! I agree with all the OTHER posters. Reading, singing, counting, abc's, showing what different colors are, and what the difference of right left, toes fingers, arms....I think you're getting the idea! ;) LOL...That's all the stuff I do with my DD and she's a lil over 5 months, and about the happiest baby I've ever seen! Good Luck momma, and disregaurd people like that, that was just plain rude!
    Lillysmomma1024

Answer by Lillysmomma1024 at 9:29 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• So many things, puppet play. make sad and happy faces at her. Talk to her, read books with texture in them to her. i would get the book babies at play, and see if there is anything that you would want to do in there.
    Anonymous

• Learn what? Like the Constitution or how to make a bed?
    Anonymous

• The most important thing you can do for her is give her love and affection, and babywearing allows her to be a part of your daily life and interactions - this is so beneficial for babies, and is the basis for all future learning! Read to her, sing with her, show her the world.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 8:34 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Read! My son LOVES books. he's 7 months. He laughs & looks at picture & grabs at the books. Even just simply playing is educational.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 8:36 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Talk to her...normally...not in that annoying baby talk that some people do. More exposure to language will help her develop her language skills....even though she's not close to talking. Play peek-a-boo. It doesn't take much at all.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:48 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Talk: Describe what you are doing - Now I'm putting your pants on your legs. Mommy is getting the juice out of the fridge.
    Read: any and all board books though I'm highly partial to Sandra Boynton.
    Play: Dangle things for her, play peek-a-boo, let her sit in the grass, help her feel a tree.

Remember, every single thing she does now and in the coming years is teaching her something. Even when she chews on her own shoes she is learning.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• along with reading lots of books and talking to my son constantly, i watch Baby Einstein WITH my son and we talk through it. They key to making it educational is you interacting with your baby, not just parking him in front the tv!
    kingmichaelsma

Answer by kingmichaelsma at 10:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2009