What do you do?

What do you do when you are stressed beyond belief and all you want to do is cry. You hate your job you have very few friends and are just generally unhappy with how things are going in your life at this particular time. I try to be postive and see the good side in things but it is hard.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• I go collapse and cry on my husband. He always makes me see the brighter side of things. Sorry, this probably doesn't help much. But that's typically what I do. I hope you get some relief from your stress soon mama.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I do The Work... it's Four Questions and a Turnaround. It has helped me so much, so I'll share even though I know it seems hokey. I can't possibly squish it into this space - I just tried and it wasn't working at all! LOL -- so I'll just point you to the website www.thework.com and the book Loving What Is by Byron Katie. You can also find video clips on YouTube of her doing the four questions with people, and personally I found that to be the best way to get a feel for what it's really about. Check it out with an open mind... it can't hurt and might be something that ends up bringing you great joy and peace.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 8:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Take a very long bath. Isolate myself as much as possible for as long as possible so that when I have to emerge back into the world of people, Im glad to see them even if they do stress me out. Sometimes, it feels better to be stressed out alone and sometimes it helps if you have someone to share it with. I make myself be alone long enough to begin to appreciate the people around me again. I get bored and lonely quick so it don't take much for me to come out of my slump. Im an advid reader too that helps take my mind off stessful things for a short time anyway.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 8:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I have sex! Seriously, if my dh isn't home, I take matters into my own hands, so to speak.

The endorphins released during sex/ orgasm really help take the edge off when I am feeling so stressed.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I do not have the mental capacity to try to keep a positive mind frame. I can't think happy thoughts when my world is crashing down. I like to drink it away until I'm too numb to feel anything, go to sleep, then wake up and I feel better....then try to take on things one prob at a time.
    Anonymous