• In the Spotlight:

Cruise

I am looking to surprise my DH with a cruise in Feb. How do I go about making sure I am getting the best deal? I don't want a carnival cruise because they tend to be very family with kids oriented. Nothing against kids I have 5...thus the basis for our need to escape for awhile lol.

salexander

Asked by salexander at 8:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Travel

• travel agent
    GmaPam7257

Answer by GmaPam7257 at 11:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• check out the travel sites such as cruisecritic...
    SCMom130

Answer by SCMom130 at 6:26 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• Carnival doesn't have to be full of kids. especially in Mid Feb.    In the back of most of their ships they have an adult only pool.  so does Royal Caribbean.  I think the some travel agents and the cruise company's website will give you on board credit for the difference if the price of the cruise drops.      There are cruise lines that cater more to adults but they are pricier and  IMO- have snottier people on them. there are a lot of great deals at that time of year!!!  let me know if I can be of anymore help.  Cruisecritic is a great website too!!!

chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:00 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• We always use $100 per day per person as a guide.
    You shouldn't have to pay more than that.
    Keep in mind you are still going to be paying for drinks, shore excursions, tips etc.
    In the last 5 years we have never been on a ship that didn't have kids on it but we mostly cruise in October. There are adult only cruise lines but you will pay a lot more, and from what I have read more is included.
    Good luck in your search. Let me know if I can be more help. I have done 5 or 6 cruises and dh has done 30.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 1:03 AM on Apr. 4, 2009

• OP- so, what did you decide on??
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Still looking thanks for all the suggestions though.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:26 PM on Apr. 10, 2009