HOW CAN SHE CLAIM TO BE IN LOVE?

So my best friend claims to be in love with his boy that cheated on 3 times with 2 different guys...I told her "your obviously not in love..Love means your faithful..and you blew your chances"

Shes ALWAYS cheating on guys...Every boyfriend she has she cheats on!!

How can i be nice to her and tell her that shes not gonna keep a boyfriend if she keeps cheating..and REALLY make it get through to her??

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 8:53 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• i JUST said this to her..and i hope it was good enough::

Okay, as your bestfriend and your hero, im gonna be totally sweet about this and make a great point because i love you and care about you, you cheated on him 3 times...Every boyfriend you've had, youve lost them BECAUSE you've cheated..every boyfriend you've had u claim he's the right one..obviously their not the right one because you keep cheating..I think you should stay out of a relationship for a while and focus on your life...When the right guy comes around YOU WILL NOT CHEAT...Your starting to get a bad reputation..you dont want a bad rep..people are starting to call you a whore, skank, slut, and fishy because of what your doing..and i know how that feels because people call(ed) me that..but because im soo faithful now to just 1 guy and because ive changed, less people talk shit...So, hun, stay out of a relationship for a while..get your life back on track...
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 8:58 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• You are an awesome friend. I hope she reads it knowing how much you love and care for her.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• So off the subject but did you have your baby?! I recall you posting a question a while back about wondering if you were labor (or atleast im pretty sure it was you, lol) So did you!? =)
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• If she has a real problem such as sexual addiction it is possible she does think she loves him and perhaps she can't control her cheating. Maybe with your help she can see there is a problem and get the right help.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• no not yet!! not she's hanging out in there! i think that because im less stressed now and kinda being careful that now she's comfy in my belly <33
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 9:13 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• lol. Well congrats on your pregnancy! =)
    And I think what you said to your friend is just right. It may be what she needs to hear and she may actually turn herself around. She may get defensive at first but she'll know that youre saying it cuz you care.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 9:19 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I know someone a lot like her... she has sexual OCD, her psych dr says she's addicted to love (or the newness of being in love). My friend is 30 and on her 4th marriage (which she's about to be out of) with 3 kids with 3 different husbands (2 were conceived before marriage) and she's an emotional mess.
    I hope your friend listens to you. Bad reputation will follow you around for the rest of your life, and even if you move, it catches up with you.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:28 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• yep, this sucks, been there, right in your spot, and don't miss it at all.

she's in love with the IDEA of being in love. the IDEA of having a boyfriend... as far as knowing the difference, this girl doesn't have a clue. support her the best you can, but i ended up giving up on mine because it was affecting MY relationship with my DH.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 9:40 PM on Apr. 2, 2009