At what month do baby start teething?

My 3 month old has been cranky and drooling alot and not sleeping very well.

shorfa

Asked by shorfa at 8:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is different for every child. My dd started at 2 months, my cousin's son was born with one.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Could be teething, could be baby is getting a cold. My oldest didnt cut her first tooth until she was 15months old. My youngest started teething around 7-8 months. My granddaughter started about 4 months. Its so hard to tell :) Good Luck Momma.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Teething can start before birth or after the first birthday. Truly, in this and everything else, all babies are different. Remember that in the coming 2 years as you ponder crawling, walking, talking, and potty training.

Based on your description, it sounds like yours is starting. Those first teeth could peek through quickly or they might not appear for months. Don't hesitate to use pain meds (think how you would feel with a constant tooth ache). Teething tablets help too but they help with the "crankies", not with pain. Get a wide variety of teething toys, lots of different materials and textures. Skip orajel - it only lasts a few mintues and you can't reapply it for awhile.

Good luck!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2009