Johnson & Johnson. What's Wrong With Them?!

I'm a new mom and I've been in overdrive since I found out I was pregnant (which was this time last year) researching baby stuffs.

I've just learned that some families have problems with the J&J baby products and their business ethics (see the comments so far on the new babybuzz link about the J&J contest).

I want to learn more about this. What did they / do they do that's so bad? I'd like to make ethical and safe purchases for my family so I'd appreciate the insight.

NovemberLove

Asked by NovemberLove at 8:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Health

• YES absolutely Johnson & Johnson is an offender in adding harmful ingredients. There are several articles out now in public domain for your reading pleasure. I have a link on my page.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1418785/Eczema_Allergies_Asthma_with_your_little_one_This_might_be_why

The company I work with offers healthy alternatives.
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 11:37 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• some people who have too much time on their hands say it has cancer causing stuff in it. i looked at cosmeticdatabase.com it shows what they say is safe or not. and i honestly think its a con to get us to spend more money people have been using on their children for years. my mom used it on me and im perfectly normal and i dont have cancer
    Anonymous

• I haven't heard anything but you can always use natural baby products.

Anonymous

• I think the ingredient was "Quanternium"? I might be a bit off though.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• Reports are saying that there are 'cancer causing agents' in their products now.
    I highly doubt that people are making these things up to promote organic products which in all honesty are not that much more than J&J.

I'm not willing to take the risk. My childs life is at stake and I'm not going to sit here and say "Well my parents used it on me". Look how many people in their 20's are being diagnosed with cancers and diseases that typically didn't effect people until much older? My parents did a lot of things that I will not do... this is one of them.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 1:03 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• My son was allergic to any J&J product. His skin broke out horribly. That's why we stopped using them, I didn't know about the business practices. Interesting.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:14 AM on Apr. 3, 2009

• It's because there are morons out there who think that all the straight organic stuff is the best way to go for everything.....well guess what many generations used J&J and nonorganic products and last I checked there wasn't an alarming number of cancer patients popping up due to the products. These Melaleuca fanatics are just in it for the money. My family did the Melaleuca ~ what a waste of money. Not only is it super expensive but majority of the products don't live up to the hype. I think those who take the organic route religiously are the ones who lack an immune system in the end and will likely be on the fatality list of many diseases.
    Anonymous