bottle warmer and drop-ins

what is your experience with a bottle warmer and how well it works? do you keep it in their room? how does it work for feeding a baby, u r supposed to have the bottles cold then warm them up? what is nthe insulated tote bag for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't use a bottle warmer at all though I did use drop-ins. I just popped the cold bottle (with NO cap and nipple) in the microwave for 10 seconds or so. Then I capped it and mixed it well on my way back to my daughter.
    Eventually, I didn't even warm them but that was sometime after 6 months.
    The insulated tote bag is to help keep any type of milk product cold while out so it doesn't go bad while you are shopping. I just took a ziplock baggie of premeasured formula, a bottle of water, and mixed it up when I needed it.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:41 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I didnt warm bottles at first but my doctor suggested to warm them to help with her tummy problems. So we got a bottle warmer. We got the The First Years Quick Serve Bottle Warmer and it was around 20 dollars. I use nursery water and its room temp when I first make the bottle. The warmer itself comes with instructions on what to do with cold bottles and room temp bottles. I love the warmer, it warms the bottle fast, within a min or so. We keep it in the living room where I feed her most of the time. I take a wet rag and clean it out once a week. I would highly recommend this warmer, its been wonderful. You can look it up on the babies r us website. I dont use drop-ins but I think it comes with instructions on how to warm the bottles with drop-ins.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• i used mine (munchkin brand) for quite a while with breastmilk and formula. sometimes i mixed the formula first sometimes just the water then add formula. doesnt matter either way. i used drop ins too. make sure you dont overheat cuz the bags heat Fast! i watched it carefully cuz i always thought that if it overheated some of the plastic from the bag might melt into the milk. prolly not but u never know. just being a worried mommy! lol ... i keep it in the kitchen or wherever you mix your formula for convenience. hope this answers well enough
    princess021

Answer by princess021 at 7:16 PM on Apr. 3, 2009